It’s happening! You’ve put your home up for sale and tonight you have your first showing.
What should you do to prepare for “Showtime?”
For Maximum Results Do These 7 Things 1/2 hour prior to the appointment:
- Turn on ALL the lights and any water features. Yes outside too! Remove auto’s from driveway and make sure the curb appeal is at it’s best.
- If during the day, also open all window coverings. Open any at night that afford a pleasant/outstanding/inspiring view too!
- Bake cookies. Short cut: Warm a small tin of vanilla extract in the oven. Cookies are infinitely better though. The buyer will remember the “Cookie House”
- Turn on the fireplace or start a small fire. Unless it’s 100 degrees! Helps the imagination and ambiance.
- Make sure counter tops are clean and clear of any clutter. And of course make the beds, vacuum, dust and scrub. Make your home shine just like you would if you were selling your automobile.
- Turn on some soft music. Like some smooth Jazz.
- Have tent cards pointing out special features and/or a professional looking flyer that points out the benefits of the features.
That’s the short list of easy things to do just prior to your home being shown. The key is to get as many of the buyers senses involved in the viewing of your home as possible. Sight, smell, touch, sound and taste. (Remember the cookies!)
If you take the time you’ll reap the extra proceeds and stack the odds in your favor of a quick sale for the highest amount possible with the fewest road blocks!